Limited Edition Murakami print - Homage to Monopink A - UNFRAMED
This is an original Murakami print signed and numbered.
- Offset print, with cold stamp - 530 x 738 mm / 20.9 x 29 in., edition of 300. One of Murakami's larger prints.
- Signed and numbered.
- In original unopened box in perfect condition - full insurance on shipping, and Gallery's Certificate of Authenticity.
- This is one of the few titles in Murakami series that has a visual "texture" where the silver sheen is interspersed throughout the print. Most other titles do not have the silver. The ‘foil stamp’ makes the print gleam when viewed at a slight angle. All silver parts of the print shine when viewed at an angle. The lay of the flowers give the piece a sense of depth.
- Works well with Homage to Monopink A and Homage to Yves Klein Multicolor A.
- Only one left. Prices increase as edition is sold out.
- Sold unframed - but framing can be requested with gold, silver, black or white frames. Inquire about availability of other Murakami prints as they become available to us in Japan.
Takashi Murakami is a world famous artist who has firmly established himself in the international art scene with his spectacular and distinctively Japanese aesthetic. As one of the founding members of the “Superflat” movement which placed him within the legacy of Pop art, he creates art with an exceptionally original artistic language inspired by his homeland’s anime, manga culture and informed by Japan’s centuries old artistic lineage, Buddhism, and historical Japanese art. In true pop-art style, he blurs the boundaries between fine art and mass culture, integrating marketing and consumerism into his artistic concept. In doing so, he traverses the spheres of art, design, and pop culture, as shown by his collaboration with Louis Vuitton. His work has been the subject of numerous exhibitions around the world, including at the The Broad, Los Angeles, Gagosian Gallery in London, the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao and the MoMA, New York City.
Prices increase as editions sell out.
Framing available: - choice of matt silver or white frame.
This piece is sold unframed, images illustrate framing options, and previous Shangri-La prints as unwrapped.